The kids are heading back to school pretty soon and some have already started. Yay! Why not surprise them with these Rocky Road Bars? They are just the treat to put a smile on their faces after a long day sitting in class.
Easy to make and delicious, you can’t go wrong whether you’re making these bars for the kids, taking them to your next event or function. Going to a potluck? Make them and take them!
Let’s start baking…
Graham Cracker Crumbs, Sweetened Condensed Milk, Pecans, Dried Coconut, Chocolate Squares, Butter, Chocolate Chips and Mini – Marshmallows.
In a mixing bowl, combine the Graham Cracker Crumbs and the melted Butter.
1) Press the Graham Cracker Crumb mixture into the pan. 2-5) Evenly layer with Coconut, Pecans, Chocolate Chips and Marshmallows. 6) Drizzle the entire can of Sweetened Condensed Milk over top.
Cover the pan with a foil tent. Bake at 350F for 15 min.
Pull the pan out of the oven, remove the foil and bake for another 10 minutes.
Out of the oven, the marshmallows should be golden brown.
Melt the chocolate squares and drizzle over the bars. Cool completely prior to slicing.
I placed each square in a medium sized paper muffin cup for easier handling.
- 3 cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1 cup Butter, melted
- ½ cup Coconut, unsweetened, dried & shredded
- 1 pkg Chocolate Chips, semi-sweet (about 250gr)
- 1½ cups Pecans, chopped
- 1½ cups Mini-Marshmallows
- 1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk (300gr)
- 2 Chocolate Squares, melted (for drizzling) or use choc chips.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the Graham Cracker Crumbs and the melted Butter.
- Press the mixture firmly and evenly into a prepared 9x13” pan.
- Evenly layer Coconut, Pecans, Chocolate Chips and Marshmallows.
- Evenly drizzle the entire can of Sweetened Condensed Milk over top.
- Place a foil tent over the pan and bake for 15 min.
- Remove pan from the oven and discard the foil tent. Put the pan back in the oven and bake for another 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove pan again from the oven. Allow to sit for 20 minutes and then drizzle the melted chocolate over the uncut bars.
- Allow to FULLY cool prior to slicing.