I needed to make a savory type of “finger food” for an event and these Pizza Roll-Ups were a hit! The dough is made from scratch and is very easy to make. I made this recipe with just cheese and pepperoni.
You can use your favourite pizza topping ingredients (meat, veggies, etc). Be sure to watch them carefully as they bake.
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese, grated, plus more for topping
- 1 tsp Sugar
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ cup Cold Butter, cut into chunks
- 1 cup Milk
- Pizza Sauce (or other tomato pasta sauce)
- ¾ cup Pepperoni, sliced and chopped
- Sprinkled Basil, dried
- ¾ cup Mozzarella Cheese, grated
- In a medium mixing bowl, add Flour, Baking Powder, Parmesan Cheese, Sugar, and Salt. Stir well to combine.
- Cut in the Butter using a pastry cutter, fork, or your fingers until it begins to resemble coarse crumble.
- Pour in the Milk and stir using a mixing spoon until ingredients are just combined and dough forms. Use your hands to knead the dough a bit to bring it together.
- On a clean, flat surface, flour and roll out the dough into a 20x10 inch rectangle (approx).
- Brush on the Pizza Sauce. Add the Pepperoni, sprinkle Basil and Mozzarella. Next, roll up the dough (from the long end) tightly making a long tube, place it on the prepared baking sheet and FREEZE FOR 15 MINUTES.
- Remove pizza rolls from freezer and cut into 1 inch slices. Place each piece spaced at least 2 inches apart on the baking sheet (you may need to use two).
- Brush each pizza roll-up piece with Pizza Sauce and sprinkle with additional Parmesan Cheese.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, until golden. Watch them carefully so they don’t burn.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool slightly on the baking sheet. Serve warm. They can also be eaten at room temperature.
You can also freeze the baked rolls in an airtight container. Bake from frozen at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes.