If you have never made homemade granola, this recipe is definitely worth a try. It’s super EASY to make, healthy and delicious. No oil, preservatives, or refined sugar. Just pure goodness! You can use smooth or crunchy peanut butter.
If you don’t have maple syrup, you might be able to use Agave Syrup. Eat it for breakfast with yogurt and berries or by the handful as a snack. Vegan and Gluten-free, one thing is for certain, it won’t last long!
- ½ cup Natural Peanut Butter (room temperature and goopy)
- 1 Tbsp Ground Flaxseed
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- ⅓ cup Maple Syrup
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups Rolled Oats
- ⅓ cup Shredded Coconut (dried)
- ⅓ cup Raisins, (to be added after granola has finished baking and cooling).
- In a large bowl, add the Peanut Butter, Ground Flaxseeds, Cinnamon, Maple Syrup, and Vanilla Extract. Mix well to combine
- Next, add the Oats and Coconut. Mix really well to fully incorporate the oats. This may take a minute or two.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared rimmed baking sheet. Spread the mixture out evenly.
- Bake for 14 - 16 minutes, stirring the granola half-way through the baking time.
- When baking is finished, transfer the granola (still on the parchment) to a cooling rack. If you don’t have a rack, just leave it on the pan.
- Once cooled, stir in the Raisins and store in an airtight container. Enjoy with yogurt and fruit, or just by the handful.