I found them easier to freeze the leftovers (portion size) as well. If you wish, you can make the recipe as a traditional meatloaf and bake it in a loaf pan for one hour. I served up the burgers with my Parmesan Garlic Potato Wedges.
Ingredients: Breadcrumbs, Eggs, Onion, Ground Beef, Oregano, Salt, Parmesan Cheese, and BBQ sauce.
1) Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl EXCEPT the ground beef. Mix well to combine. 2) Breadcrumb mixture well combined. 3) Next add the Ground Beef. 4) Use your hands to knead the beef mixture to ensure everything is well combined. 5) Use a 1/2 cup sized measuring cup form the burgers. 6) Ready for the oven.
Bake for 35 minutes. Remove from oven and brush burgers with BBQ Sauce. Return to oven for 5 more minutes
- 2 lbs Lean Ground Beef
- ¾ cup Dry Breadcrumbs (seasoned or unseasoned…I used SEASONED)
- ¼ cup BBQ Sauce (your favourite)
- ½ cup Onions, finely diced
- 2 Large Eggs
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1 tsp Oregano, dried flakes
- ¾ tsp Salt
- In a large mixing bowl add Breadcrumbs, Onions, Parmesan Cheese, Eggs, Oregano and Salt. Mix well to combine.
- Next add the Ground Beef. Use your hands to knead the breadcrumb mixture with the beef until completely and thoroughly combined.
- To make the burgers, fill a ½ cup sized measuring cup with the beef mixture. Scoop out the mixture from the measuring cup and form into a disk (similar to the shape of the measuring cup).
- Place burgers on a baking sheet and continue making the rest of the burgers.
- Bake for 35 minutes at 350F. Remove from oven and brush BBQ sauce on each burger. Pop the burgers back in the oven for 5 more minutes.
- Check the internal temperature of burgers to read 165F to ensure doneness.