You come home from work or school and you’re starving. What will you make for dinner? Italian Wonderpot is a great vegetarian week night pantry meal that is so easy to make. It’s nutritious, delicious and cooks up in 20 minutes. This recipe makes plenty for two hungry adults. Be sure to double if you are feeding more people. You cannot go wrong with this dish!
Let’s start cooking…
Ingredients: Vegetable Broth, Spaghetti (your choice), Diced Tomatoes, Parmesan Cheese, Basil, Oregano, Red Pepper Flakes (optional), Frozen Chopped Spinach, Olive Oil, Garlic and Onion.
1) Fry up the Onions until softened. 2) Break the spaghetti in half. 3) Add all remaining ingredients (except Parmesan Cheese) to the pot. 4) Stir to combine. Make sure all ingredients are submerged under liquid. Cover and bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and uncover.
5) Cook for 10 – 15 minutes gently stirring at regular intervals. 6) Dinner is served!
Garnish with Parmesan Cheese. Gobble up!
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, medium, sliced
- 6 oz Spaghetti Pasta
- 4 oz Spinach, frozen & chopped
- 2 cups Vegetable Broth (bit more if needed)
- 19 oz can Tomatoes, diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, sliced
- 1 tsp Oregano Flakes, dried
- 1 tsp Basil Flakes, dried
- ½ - ¾ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
- 2 oz Parmesan Cheese, grated
- Break the Spaghetti in half. Set Aside.
- In a large pot on medium heat, add the Olive Oil. Once heated, add the Onions and cook until softened.
- Next ALL the remaining ingredients (except the Parmesan Cheese). Give a stir combine.
- Make sure the everything is completely submerged under the liquid, especially the spaghetti.
- Cover the pot with a lid and bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium and remove the lid.
- Cook for 10 – 15 minutes (or until pasta has cooked through). Gently stir at regular intervals to make sure the pasta is not sticking to the bottom of the pot. You don’t want to break the past as it cooks.
- Taste to see if you need more salt. Make adjustments if necessary.
- Garnish with grated Parmesan Cheese prior to serving.