I’m all about easy recipes…well, most of the time. This Cream of Broccoli Soup is no exception. Super healthy, comforting, delicious and satisfying. Dig out that head of broccoli in your fridge and give this soup a try. Once you taste it, you may decide to double the recipe for next time. This soup can easily be made with non-dairy ingredients for a vegan option. Make it gluten-free with GF All-Purpose Flour.
Let’s start cooking…
Ingredients: Broccoli, Flour, Celery, Onion, Butter, Broth, Milk, Salt.
1) Melt 2 Tbsp Butter in pot, cook Onion and Celery until softened. 2) Next add the Broth and Broccoli. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 min. 3) Meanwhile, in a small pot melt 2 Tbsp Butter then whisk in flour. 4) Pour in Milk to butter/flour mixture.
5) Increase the heat and whisk until thickened. Set aside. 6) Once the broccoli is cooked, blend with an immersion blender. 7) Pour the milk mixture into the broccoli and whisk to combine. 8) Add salt to taste.
- 2 Tbsp + 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1 Stalk Celery, diced
- 3 cups Chicken Broth or Vegetable Broth
- 8 cups Broccoli Florets
- 3 Tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups Milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- Salt to taste
- Melt 2 Tbsp of Butter in medium sized pot.
- Add the diced Onion and Celery and cook on medium heat until softened.
- Add the Broth and Broccoli Florets to the pot. Stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 min.
- While the broccoli is simmering, melt remaining Butter in a small pot. Add the Flour and whisk for 1 minute on medium heat.
- Add the Milk to the flour mixture and increase the heat. Whisk constantly until thickened and bubbly…maybe for 1-2 minutes. Set aside.
- When the broccoli is done, blend it well with an immersion (hand-stick) blender. Alternately, you can use a regular blender to puree it in small batches and then return to the pot. Be careful as it will be hot!
- Now pour the milk-flour mixture into the pureed broccoli and stir until completely combined. Add Salt to taste.