No need to buy biscuits at the grocery store – ever again! These cheesy biscuits turn out perfect. In your mouth right out of the oven you will ask yourself, “Why didn’t I ever make my own biscuits?” Make a batch of these melt-in-your-mouth morsels the next time you serve your favourite chili, stew, chowder, soup etc. You will be so glad you did!
Let’s start baking…
1) Chop the Imperial Cheese and set aside. 2) In a mixing bowl add the Flour, Cornmeal, Baking Powder, Sugar and Salt. Mix well. 3) Cut in the cold Butter. 4) Make the mixture crumbly.
5) Add the Cheeses. 6) Stir to combine. 7) Next add the milk. 8) Stir in the milk and combine until just moistened.
9) Drop 1/4 cup size dough blobs onto baking sheet. 10) Bake for 12-15 min at 450 F. 11 – 12) Out of the oven!
- 1½ cups All-Purpose Flour
- ½ cup Yellow Cornmeal
- 3 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Sugar
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ cup Butter, cold
- ⅓ cup Cheddar Cheese, grated
- ⅓ cup Imperial Cheese
- 1 cup Milk
- Chop up Imperial Cheese and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl add the Flour, Cornmeal, Baking Powder, Sugar and Salt. Mix to combine.
- Cut in the Butter until the mixture becomes crumbly. Use a pastry cutter if you have one.
- Stir in the Cheeses.
- Next, pour in the Milk and mix to combine until just moistened.
- Drop ¼ cup full dough blobs on to a and ungreased baking sheet (2 inches apart). I used parchment paper…just because.
- Bake at 450 F for 12 – 15 minutes or until golden. I baked mine for 14 min.
- Serve warm. Enjoy!
- If you want to freeze them, wrap up each biscuit individually in plastic food wrap.