This recipe comes together very fast which makes it an excellent week night meal. The ingredients are simple and easy to assemble. Satisfying and delicious. Get ready for rave reviews! Choose the veggies of your choice.
Shrimp in Creamy Tomato Sauce
Author: Unknown at this time
Recipe type: Seafood
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, diced - (about one cup or so)
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 3 cups Raw Vegetables, your choice (I chose Mushrooms, Red Pepper and Zucchini)
- 1½ cups Tomato Pasta Sauce (your choice, meatless)
- ⅓ cup Vegetable Broth
- ⅓ cup Evaporated Milk, 2%
- 1-1.5lb Shrimp – Large –raw and peeled (I used 1.5lbs)
- ¼ cup Fresh Basil, chopped
- ¼ cup Fresh Parsley, chopped
- ⅓ cup Parmesan Cheese, grated (optional)
- In a large skillet (or deep frying pan), heat Oil over medium heat.
- Add Onions and Garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes until onions have softened.
- Add Vegetables and stir to combine.
- Add the Pasta Sauce, Vegetable Broth, and Evaporated Milk . Stir to combine.
- Stir in the Parsley and Basil.
- Cover and simmer for 5 min.
- Garnish with grated Parmesan Cheese if desired. Serve over Pasta or Rice.