Author: Adapted from Looney Spoons Cookbook
Recipe type: Meat
Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- 2 lbs Lean Ground Beef
- ¾ cup Dry Breadcrumbs (seasoned or unseasoned…I used SEASONED)
- ¼ cup BBQ Sauce (your favourite)
- ½ cup Onions, finely diced
- 2 Large Eggs
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1 tsp Oregano, dried flakes
- ¾ tsp Salt
- In a large mixing bowl add Breadcrumbs, Onions, Parmesan Cheese, Eggs, Oregano and Salt. Mix well to combine.
- Next add the Ground Beef. Use your hands to knead the breadcrumb mixture with the beef until completely and thoroughly combined.
- To make the burgers, fill a ½ cup sized measuring cup with the beef mixture. Scoop out the mixture from the measuring cup and form into a disk (similar to the shape of the measuring cup).
- Place burgers on a baking sheet and continue making the rest of the burgers.
- Bake for 35 minutes at 350F. Remove from oven and brush BBQ sauce on each burger. Pop the burgers back in the oven for 5 more minutes.
- Check the internal temperature of burgers to read 165F to ensure doneness.