Salted Caramel Coconut Cookies
Author: My Purple Spoon
Recipe type: Cookie
Cuisine: Vegan & Gluten Free
Pre-heat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
FOR THE COOKIES
- ¼ cup Shredded Coconut, unsweetened
- 2 cups Almond Flour
- ½ cup Arrowroot Powder
- ¼ cup Maple Syrup
- ¼ cup Coconut Oil, melted
FOR THE CARAMEL
- ⅓ cup Coconut Cream
- ⅓ cup Agave Nectar
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- Course sea salt (optional), for garnish
MAKE THE COOKIES
- In a small bowl add the Shredded Coconut and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl add the Almond Flour, Arrowroot Powder, Maple Syrup and Coconut Oil. Mix with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Take a tablespoon sized piece of dough and roll it into a ball. Now roll the dough ball in the shredded coconut until coated all over. Place dough ball on baking sheet. Continue this process with the rest of the dough. Space the cookies 2 inches apart.
- Gently press the back of a spoon or your thumb in to each dough ball.
- Bake the cookies for 10-15 minutes (I baked mine for 10 min).
- When the cookies come out of the oven, reinforce the impression on each cookie with a spoon again. Cool cookies on a wire rack for the time being.
MAKE THE CARAMEL
- Combine all of the ingredients for the caramel in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Allow to simmer 10-15 minutes or until it thickens and forms a caramel sauce.
- Fill each cookie with the caramel sauce and allow to cool. Lightly sprinkle with salt if desired.
- Once the caramel has cooled carefully place the cookies in the fridge to set up (maybe 15 min).
- Cookies can be stored at room temperature.