Oven Roast Leg of Lamb
Recipe type: Lamb
This lamb recipe will be need to be marinated for 24- 48 hours prior to cooking.
- 1 Leg of Lamb (boneless)
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 8 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp Oregano Flakes, dried
- 1 Tbsp Paprika
- 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- Remove packaging from the Lamb and carefully trim off all excess fat to the best of your ability. This may take a bit of time as the fat is everywhere. You can’t trim off every speck. Just do the best you can.
- Once the fat is trimmed off, put the lamb in a large mixing bowl. Add the Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar. Massage in the oil and vinegar with your hands for about one minute really working it in.
- Next, on top of the lamb add the Garlic, Oregano, Italian Seasoning, Paprika, Salt and Pepper. With your hands, massage in the spices thoroughly for about one minute.
- Transfer the prepared lamb to a food grade bag (such as a re-sealable bag) and squeeze out as much air as possible. Make a tight seal on the bag and refrigerate the lamb for 24-48 hours.
- When you’re ready to cook, place the lamb in a greased oven safe casserole dish with a lid. Note: You can place potatoes around the lamb if you wish. I made up a batch of my Oven Roasted Lemon Potatoes recipe and baked it with the lamb in the same casserole dish.
- Place a lid on top of the lamb (and potatoes if using) or cover with foil.
- Bake for Bake for 1 hour at 350F. Remove from oven and slice the lamb prior to serving.