Santa's Savory Snack Mix
Author: Inspired by Chex Mix
Recipe type: Snack
Pre-heat oven to 250 F. Line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper. Put your oven racks one above the bottom level and one or two notches below the top level. Just have the racks spaced evenly apart but not right on top of each other.
- FOR THE MAIN MIX
- 3 cups Rice CHEX Cereal
- 3 cups Corn CHEX Cereal (I used Crispix Cereal as I couldn't find the Corn Chex)
- 3 cups GF O's Cereal, plain
- 2 cups GF Pretzels
- 2 cups Salted Roasted Nuts (I used Cashews, Almonds & Peanuts)
- 2 cups GF Bagel Chips (if you can't find this ingredient, just add and extra ½ cup of each cereal & pretzels)
- FOR THE SAUCE MIX
- 10 Tbsp Butter (170 gr)
- 3 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp Seasoned Salt
- ¼ tsp Regular Salt
- ½ tsp Onion Powder
- 3 cloves Garlic, fresh, minced
- 6 shakes Tabasco Sauce (you can also use your favourite sauce for heat)
- In a very large mixing bowl add all the Cereals, Pretzels, Nuts and Bagel Chips (if using). Mix well to combine and set aside. I used my hands.
- In a small sauce pan, melt the Butter on low heat. Once the butter is melted, remove from heat and add the remaining Sauce Mix ingredients. Stir well with a whisk to combine.
- Pour the Sauce Mix over the Dry Cereal Mix. With a silicone cooking spatula, carefully and gently fold in the sauce mix until the dry mix thoroughly coated. This make take a full minute or two.
- Divide and spread out the mixture on the two prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes at 250 F.
- When the Snack mix is finished cooking, lay out a couple clean dish towels and transfer the cooked mix directly on to the towels to cool and absorb any excess oil. Cool completely.
- Store the mix in air tight containers.
- This Snack Mix has a two week shelf life at room temperature but it will be long gone before that time. Enjoy!