Creamy Curry Veggie & Black Bean Salad
Author: Inspired by Vegangela
Recipe type: Salad
This flavourful saucy salad is a nice change from our everyday leafy variety.
- 1 cup Green Cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 Carrots, spiralized or julienned
- 2 Zucchinis, medium, spiralized or julienned
- ¼ cup Cilantro (or mint), chopped
- 1 can Black Beans or Chickpeas, drained and rinsed (optional)
- Salt, to taste
- Cashews, finely chopped for garnish (optional)
- ⅓ cup Tahini (or other nut butter)
- 2 tbsp Lime Juice
- 3 tbsp Maple Syrup (or agave)
- 2 tsp Mild Curry Powder
- 2-4 Tbsp Water (as needed)
- In a large bowl, mix all Dressing Ingredients, adding just enough water to thin it out to a thick dressing consistency.
- Add the Prepared Veggies and Beans to the bowl. Mix until well coated with the dressing. I ended up using my hands to coat the vegetables.
- Season with salt and garnish with finely chopped Cashews.