Kitchen Gadgets! Useful, gimmicky, practical, and sometimes just silly. I love my kitchen gadgets and maybe you feel the same about yours. I decided it was time to do a post of my most favourite Top 10 Kitchen Tools & Gadgets but try as I might I couldn’t do just ten. I could have easily done a Top 20 but my goal was to see if I could bring it down to ten. I compromised with lucky 13. None of my fave gadgets are in the photo above. I kept those for the pics below.
I didn’t include my favourite mixing spoon or knife that I use all the time because they’re not so much a gadget. Some of my gadgets are well worn which generates a “love factor”. My gadgets listed below are in no particular order so you can assume that they are all in the Number 1 spot. By the way, it just so happens that the majority of my gadgets are from The Pampered Chef. I do not work for them or get a kick back from them for mentioning their name. They just have some great gadgets that I love.
Let’s see what I chose… drum roll please! I’m so excited! Continue reading
Try this recipe the next time you make Tacos or Burritos instead of using store bought seasoning. Continue reading
This is the BEST EVER steak marinade. I have made this recipe countless times and it never lets me (or anyone else) down. Use the best steaks you can afford. Beef Tenderloin is absolutely amazing with this recipe. You can stop looking for the perfect steak marinade…you’ve found it! I am only happy to share it with you.
Be sure the see The Perfect Steak Grilling Guide below the recipe.
- 2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- Trim the excess fat from the steak (if needed).
- Mix all the marinade ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pour the marinade In a glass dish or heavy re-sealable plastic bag.
- Marinate the steaks for 1 hour at room temperature or up to 24 hours in the fridge.
- If refrigerating, bring steaks close to room temperature ½ hour before grilling.
- Pre-heat grill to high, brush grids with Olive Oil, cook steaks to your doneness preference.
The Perfect Steak Grilling Guide:
In a glass dish or re-sealable plastic bag combine the steaks and The Perfect Steak™ Marinade. Marinate the steaks for one hour at room temperature.
Bring steaks close to room temperature 1/2 hour before grilling for more even cooking.
1. To begin, determine the Heat Setting and Time Per Side for your steaks by consulting the grilling chart above.
2. Preheat your barbecue on HIGH for about 10 minutes, then reduce it to the correct Heat Setting for your specific cut and desired level of doneness.
3. Brush the grids with cooking oil and place your steak on the grids on a 45° angle as shown on the Steak Flip Chart above. Follow the Steak Flip Chart, flipping your steak 4 times as shown, to create perfect steakhouse grill marks.
4. Serve and enjoy the Perfect Steak.
Garam Masala is a mixture of Indian spices and is often added a the end of what you’re cooking. It pulls the entire recipe together. You can buy it in most grocery stores but I think this recipe is better.
- ¼ cup Cumin, ground
- ⅓ cup Coriander, ground
- 2 tsp Cardamom, ground
- 5 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- 2 tsp Cloves, ground
- 2 tsp Nutmeg, ground
- Combine all ingredients and store in an air tight container.